Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007

My friends and I have started a tradition...it seems that way anyway! For the second year in a row we went to a Zydeco Breakfast (dancing and eating!) in Breaux Bridge, LA....and had a great time! I got asked to dance FOUR times! Of course it was all way older men...who must have been dancing all their lives! I was worn out tryin to keep up with them. Friends who live out of state were in town...it was a fun reunion!

I come from a long line of singers. And today 2 generations sang together at church! The group was me, my mom, my sister, my brother, an aunt, an uncle, and two cousins! The youth choir has off this Sunday so our family sang. It was really a nice feeling to sing with my family. The choir at my church was a big part of my life growing up. I enjoy singing in groups:)...I am not so much a fan of singing solo! On Christmas Sunday all of the current and alumni to the youth choir...all gather together at the front of the church to sing Joy to the World. It is a really a powerful experience to be up there with all the people who went before me in the choir and all of those who have come after. This is one tradition that I hope never dies.

Please enjoy the slideshow!

No comments: